JOIN OUR TEAM
Rehearsals are on Mondays 4 – 8 pm and Thursdays 8 – 11 am. Male and female artists may apply for a single project or for an ongoing commitment. We are currently seeking performers for 2020. To audition, please reply via email stating the audition you wish to attend with photo, resume and references.
Please review Company Expectations prior to requesting an audition.
1) Monday December 2, 2019 at 4 – 8 pm
2)Thursday December 5, 2019 at 8 – 11 am
Do you like to introduce children to movement? Do you have experience in an outreach setting? We are hiring an educator for:
1) an ongoing after school project at Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 school in Alexandria on Tuesdays. Beginning date is December 3, 2019.
2) an ongoing after school project at Ferdinand T. Day Elementary School in Alexandria on Fridays. Beginning date is January 10, 2020 – Apr 3, 2020 (no class on Friday 1/31 and Friday 2/14) Generous stipend provided plus opportunities for additional work at other area schools.
If you wish to apply as an Educator, please send photo, resume, references to:
Jane Franklin Dance
email: janefranklindance at gmail.com
Positions are currently filled. We accept LOI, references, resume for future openings. This is an independent contract hourly position for a minimum of 12 hours/wk. No benefits, but hours are flexible, majority of hours take place at 3700 S Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington (accessible by bus) during business hours Mondays-Fridays.
Administrative Associate Job Description
Volunteer Board of Directors
We have immediate openings for the JFD Board of Directors. Fine projects await plus outreach for youth and activities for older adults. Provide guidance and experience for the coming year! Help us refine our work as we make logical choices to better serve the community. If you have the time to offer your expertise, join Jane Franklin Dance Board of Directors. Look through the Board of Directors Packet 2019-20 for details.
The Board of Directors:
• networks with business and non-profit organizations in Alexandria & Arlington;
• cultivates collaborative exchanges with other organizations;
• aids in marketing, development and financial management decisions
Expected Time Commitment: Board meetings are held every eight weeks (September through June), in person from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Jane Franklin Dance office at 3700 Four Mile Run in Shirlington or by video or telephone conference call.
Complete the Board of Directors fill-in Form (download; then open in your files. The information won’t ‘save’ if it is filled out just by opening) then email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to volunteer short-term, please see the Volunteer Packet
Volunteer for Productions, Projects or Events
If you wish to volunteer as a theater technician, front-of-house staff, or as an educator for youth projects, please complete the forms in the Volunteer Packet . You will receive documentation of volunteer hours. We welcome older adults as well as teens, age 15 and above.